The benefits that an automated ERP system can bring to distributors are noteworthy and worth considering. An automated ERP system can help create significant competitive advantage for them and hence anyone in this domain should ignore the adoption of an ERP at their own peril.
Following are some of the benefits on an ERP system for the distribution domain:
- In terms of visibility, you can see the complete picture of the distribution company on one system in real time and this is a major concern for many distributors who are unable to see the running inbound and outbound product flows at the same time thus hampering the quality of decision making. You can be enabled to have a complete view of your supply chain with an ERP and therefore optimize it better in real time and in a seamless manner.
- Inventory management is improved by many notches by an ERP solution by reducing the errors and the time, effort and cost burdens due to manual processes. Automated inventory management offers inventory reconciliation that is automated and in real time. Also all inventory data can be tracked and managed across multiple storage locations, currencies, suppliers, buyers etc in terms of transit issues, cost/price concerns, reorder levels etc. Even expiration dates, negative inventory and bin locations can be tracked. An ERP enhances the quality of customer service by making it more transparent and with a much faster response time.
- Demand planning is a key feature of an ERP that allows the user to predict the amount of inventory that he would need to keep up with customer buying trends in the future so that they do not have to be turned away or are lost due to unavailable stock or long waiting times. Users can use the power of the predictive analytics feature that is based on data of past trends to get a clear picture of what you need to order and keep in stock for the future.
- The data reported in an ERP is always accurate and in real time making the relevance and quality of decisions to be of a much higher quality. The good part is all data management and reporting can be done in an easy and user friendly manner.
- With its automated scheduling and work flows, your bothers and hassles are reduced to a great extent freeing up time for better planning and strategic thinking.
Migrating to a cloud based ERP solution provides significant advantages over traditional on-premise solutions especially for the distribution domain. The cloud is already the preferred choice for ERP solutions due to its affordability, easy & anytime/anywhere access, lower financial & investment entry barriers as well as minimal set up times.
Some of the benefits of a cloud ERP are outlined below:
- The work flows are connected in a better manner and are well automated in a cloud ERP to minimize manual intervention. With it’s anytime anywhere access, connectivity with any entity is never a problem. The procedure for processes like purchase approval etc takes place automatically in the correct protocol and minimizes duplication of effort.
- The user friendly analytics tools and reporting dashboards in a cloud ERP improve the organization’s agility response to issues. Business users can retract information in real time and decisions on critical issues will be data driven in the real sense of the word. They do not have to wait for someone to compile a spreadsheet and mail it to them.
- Cloud ERP data is automatically updated in a central silo and hence there is no need to update spreadsheets regularly and therefore no possibility of manual error can creep in. There is better collaborative sharing of document no version control issues.
- A cloud ERP offers better up-time, security and data backup features than on-premise systems especially in the case of natural disasters. When disaster strikes, since the storage facilities are close to the site in an on-premise ERP, they too are hit whereas in a cloud ERP, data storage is on servers at a faraway location where it could still be secure.
- When you have an on-premise system, ensuring compliance with regulations and creating internal controls is a major hassle however this is not so in a cloud ERP. In a cloud solution, this onus of responsibility falls on the cloud solution partner who has to do the necessary audits and give recommendations to ensure security based on your needs.
We at VersAccounts have created a secure cloud based comprehensive ERP solution that is e-commerce ready. It has been catered to take care of all the business needs and concerns for operating your business effectively. It addresses key issues of the distribution domain in the most effective manner possible. It is affordable and targeted towards SMB’s and is backed by a promise of dedicated support. It is being used by clients in diverse verticals and could help you redefine the way you operate and grow your business.
The VersAccounts Small Business Cloud ERP system supports a comprehensive set of distribution related capabilities in the core ERP modules. This includes the ability to manage inventory across multiple locations and systems including e-Commerce and POS systems, drop-shipping, paperless receiving, and easy cycle counting.
Additional capabilities are available for more sophisticated distribution support processes like scanner and mobile device based pick/pack/pay/ship processes as well as industry specific capabilities like DSCSA product tracing capabilities required in the pharmaceutical industry.
We’d love to hear from you.
To know more, please visit www.versaccounts.com or contact us directly.